cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Updating Workflow 2010, getting "Error: Cannot add the specified assembly to the global assembly cache: GAC\Nintex.Workflow.dll" in PowerShell

I was getting errors with the existing Workflow Enterprise 2010 implementation, so I retracted and globally deployed the solution to the farm.

Upon checking the support software downloads section, I noticed that there was a recent updated version, so I downloaded that for Workflow and Forms 2010.

Upon uninstalling and re-installing Workflow 2010, I received an error that my license was not valid for the version of Workflow, so I checked support articles on this community site and the update notes, which recommended that I change an 'readyforupgrade' attribute to 'true' in 'install.ps1' in the extracted installation files - which I did.

I ran the 'install.ps1' file from the SharePoint 2010 Management Shell and get the following error: (I've removed the HOSTNAME and user name)

Nintex-GAC-deployment-error-2.png

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance,

Justin

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Updating Workflow 2010, getting "Error: Cannot add the specified assembly to the global assembly cache: GAC\Nintex.Workflow.dll" in PowerShell

First and foremost, make sure you have enough privileges. Must be a farm admin and when using poweshell, run it as admin.

If you already uninstalled the features, make sure nintexworkflow2013core.wsp was retracted in the solutions. And since you are doing all of this feature installation, make sure you IISRESET at some point. Especially if you have to reapply the license.

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Re: Updating Workflow 2010, getting "Error: Cannot add the specified assembly to the global assembly cache: GAC\Nintex.Workflow.dll" in PowerShell

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Accept as Solution Reply