How to Group Tasks by Workflow Instance ID

• 10 February 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I'd like to present all the tasks that are associated with a workflow instance. All that is needed for this is to have each task field of Workflow Identifier set to the instance ID. But this field is blank for me.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Stephen,

how are you trying to display it?

I tried to look for the Workflow Instance ID field, but I couldn't see it.  But I could see it if I used the Query List action in Nintex Workflow.  Suggests it's a different kind of field or property.  So you could potentially have a workflow that builds out a report or maybe stores the workflow instance ID somewhere that you could use it.

Vadim

Badge +1

Thanks for the reply.

I was thinking I could simply store the built in Workflow instance ID with the task, even if I had to create an additional field. Having some difficulty understanding saving local variables to the task list. It seems to be hit and miss with content types and somewhat buggy. Have raised a support request for that.

Seems like this would be a common thing users would need and strange that it isn't available out of the box. Where you would want to see running commentary of a workflow from start to finish.

Stephen