Solved

Update multiple fields of a SharePoint list from another list using Nintex workflow

• 2 September 2017
  • 3 replies

I have 2 lists - List A and List B. List B is a mirror copy of List A. So currently both of them have exactly same content(300 items) and they have 40 columns.

What I want is that if someone edits an item in List A(multiple fields, say 20), then that item should be updated in list B(with all the fields) using Nintex. I know I can use 'Update Item' action of Nintex but that would require me to configure logic for all the 40 fields and that would be tedious. Is there any other shorter way to update all fields of List B when an item is updated in List A?

icon

Best answer by lakshminarayana 4 September 2017, 13:37

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

afaik, there is no such function like copy/update whole list item.

neither sharepoint's APIs (web service, REST, CSOM) provide such an option...

Badge +9

Yes you can't update whole list item, instead you write a workflow in List A (to copy item to List 😎 like below.

1. Set workflow settings to allow workflow when items in 'List A' are modified/updated.

2. Find similar Item in 'List B' with some unique value and 'Delete' item from List B.

3. And 'Copy' current item from 'List A' to 'List B'.

So that you no need to configure all 40 items using 'Update/Create' item action.

Userlevel 1
Badge +8
Great and simple solution.
One caveat: Insure that the editor in List A can also contribute to List B. Probably can, but in case you have some custom permissions.
One con: any version info on the items in List B will not become Version 1 (if any of that is important to you) and the editor in List A becomes the item creator in List B.