cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ludmmar
Nintex Newbie

Re: Update list properties using the call web service action

Jump to solution

Hi, I am a colleague of Johannes. I realised the workflow works for lists (Server Template: 100), but not for libraries (Server Template: 101). All of our tests were done with libraries (e.g. the "AddList").

Somehow this fits the error we are getting. Can you confirm, the update list method actually does not work for libraries?

Aside from  the different Server Template I could not spot any obvious differences in the list properties and since we are pulling the actual properties and pushing the same properties with one little change in title, any differences in the properties should not be an issue. At least, that is what I assume.

0 Kudos
emha
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

hm, interesting.

I've never worked with libraries this way. But tried it now and can confirm I do get the same error. looks like UpdateList is not implemented/supported on doc libraries.

haven't you tried the same with REST API?

Lists and list items REST API reference 

0 Kudos
ludmmar
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I tried with REST API before and never got far. I just tried, with the code referenced by you. When I do I get an error message (the security Validation for this page is invalid...). I found a blog post regarding this error, but I don't know how to apply the SPUtility.ValidateFormDigest()-Call to the Nintex web request-function. Do you know how to handle this error?

I think I remember one version of the web request where I used some form of FormDigest oder RequestDigest. Is this the way to go?

What I did:

URL: Website-URL/_api/SP.APPContextSite(@target)/web/lists(guid'CF19CFC7-E7FF-4BD4-B137-A8F3F2EB2A73')?@target='Website-URL'

0 Kudos
Highlighted
emha
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

following worked for me

get request digest

parse out digest out of response

update list

‌ web service  

ludmmar
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I got it working, after I added an xml Query-Action, to extract the Digest-Value from the RD Response XML.

Thanks a lot for your help Smiley Happy

emha
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

great!

please mark the correct answer.

0 Kudos