cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nintex Newbie

Update hyperlinks containing commas

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a task to update a hyperlink column in a custom list, which have a hyperlink column containing link to various internal UNC paths. So far so good, this works (at least for IE users).

Now I have to update the server name of some of these items, which is no problem doing using regular expressions.

My problem is when the path contains commas, I cannot used the “<link>, <link-descriptin>” syntax for updating the link.

I have tried wrapping the url in {TextStart}/TextEnd}, replacing the commas with ‘%2C’, fn-XmlEncode and every combination of the mentioned.

Have anyone successfully been able to set a value in a hyperlink column when the value contains a comma eg. "file:////servername1/share_root/sub folder, with a pesty comma/even_deeper, Link-description"?

Thanks!

Labels: (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Update hyperlinks containing commas

Jump to solution

Using the Update Item Action on a Hyperlink column, I was able to successfully generate a hyperlink to a URL that contained commas without any problems. 

The Value Input: 

http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?185,186,980,60829426, test

The Action:
image.png

The results: 

image.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi,

@MegaJerk : Thank you for pushing me in the right direction Smiley Happy

The problem wasnt the actual commas but the combination of a comma and a space, as soon as i replace the space's with "%20" the url is updated correctly!

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Ahhh! Good to hear that you were able to crack the case! 

0 Kudos