cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Update calendar when event item is changed

Jump to solution

We have a leave request workflow.

• We first check to see if the request is new or if the requester is changing an existing request.
  • the request is sent to the approver who approves or rejects the request.
  • If the approver accepts the request, the event item is added to the SharePoint calendar.
  • If the approver accepts a changed, existing request, a second item gets added to the calendar, under the original.

Is there a way that I can remove the original event item from the SharePoint calendar or update the existing event item with the new information?

1000k thanks.

Labels: (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Update calendar when event item is changed

Jump to solution

Maurice,

Three logical steps. 

1. First add a unique Identifier to your calender events or use the build in ID field to identify it. 
  2. Second, in your workflow check if the calendar event already exist, if so update, if not create.
  3. Thirdly, go party!

Okay seriously, when you are creating items, do a query list to check if the calendar event already exist.  I would recommend creating a unique identifier as the ID's would be different and the title is not always sufficient, but a unique ID works best.  Then query for that ID, if it doesn't exist, continue and create it.  If the ID does exist, then update the fields as needed and be done. 

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks. I'm new to this so, I am reading up on query lists. I've got the unique identifier passing working and I understand the go party part from a previous projects.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Maurice,

Glad to help out.  Its always fun to get something working.

0 Kudos
bimi82
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

would be great to share the workflow as I like to do the same thing ..
To update the event in the user's outlook calendar when the event has been changed in SP Calendar.

0 Kudos