cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Update another list in a site with Update Item after a Collection Operation - SP on Prem SP2013

Jump to solution

I have a site that I want to manage the Total Items in a list and the Total Items that have a status of “Completed”.

List 1:

“Dashboard Count IIDD”

Has 2 fields in it :

[TotalProjects] and (of column type number)

(The field has the values 0 set initially.) but will be updated hopefully by the adding of items to the other list

List 2:

“IIDD Projects Documents”

There is 1 fields of importance here:

[Status]

(Status column value can be “Active” or “Completed”)

When a Document/Item is added to the “Project Documents” list/library I have the following workflow:

I have created 2 Workflow Variables:

collTotalProjects

numTotalProjects

fulll.png

Where Query list:

1.png

I then have a collection operation:

2.png

Now is the part I am struggling with:

I have an Update Item Action - but am totally lost because I can’t seem to configure the “Where” field. Because it is just one column in the “Dashboard Count IIDD” list under column [TotalProjects].

.I have no idea how to point the value to the column in the “Dashboard Count IIDD” list and have it write the value of numTotalProjects in the column value.

3.png

Any help and /or advice greatly appreciated as to what I put in the “Where” field.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Update another list in a site with Update Item after a Collection Operation - SP on Prem SP2013

Jump to solution

@ian_jackson 

• Does your Status field in IIDD Project list always contains something when an item is created? If so then you don't need it. If there is a chance it remains empty and you want items where status is not empty then you need to select "Status is not empty" instead of passing 2 parameters.
  • Also when you use query list and update items in another list then make sure you have a common column between both lists.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos