cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Update an item in another site.

Jump to solution

I found the "Create item in another site" action, but I'm not seeing one to "Update item in another site" once it's been created.  Does this exist somewhere I'm not seeing?

I did find the Update Multiple Items action, which I guess I can use to do this, but seemed odd that there wasn't a corresponding Update action, so figured I'd post in case I was missing something obvious?

Ben

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Update an item in another site.

Jump to solution

I don't know if it'd work or not because I've never used it but can you use the Call Webservice action?

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

You could create a new list with a workflow "UpdaterWF" so to as update the specified item and in your current workflow use the "Create item in another site" action that will start "UpdaterWF"

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Might have to do something like that.  When I posted initially, I was thinking that I could just use Update Multiple Items to touch the list in another site, and I was more so just curious why I couldn't find an acction that went along with Create item in another site.

That works, but I just hit a snag because now I need to enable check in/out on that other site's list, and Update Multiple Items, while it does let you touch lists on other sites, doesn't seem to let you check out from there.  Wah wah.

Ben

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

I think that you will have to use the web request action to build a REST API request. Here is the example of the request :

Files and folders REST API reference

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

u can use update multiple items action to edit record on other sites

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

I tried using Update Multiple Items to edit an item on another site, and there was no way to specify which item; instead it updated the selected field for every item on the entire list.

0 Kudos