Solved

Lazy Approval not working

• 3 March 2017
  • 8 replies

Badge +4

Hi

I'm currently working on an Document Approval workflow where I would like to use the Lazy Approval function of Nintex Workflows for Office 365 but sadly it's not delivering the expected result. Nintex is recognising the approval but the approval status is never changing to Approved and stays on pending.

Here is my story in pictures wink.png

Lazy Approval is activated

Lazy Approval option in the workflow email replied with "Approved"

200318_pastedImage_3.png

Workflow gets completed

200320_pastedImage_5.png

Nintex recognized my "Approved" mail

200321_pastedImage_6.png

SharePoint Approval status is still pending

200322_pastedImage_7.png

Thanks in advance for all suggestions!

Jan

icon

Best answer by TomaszPoszytek 5 March 2017, 22:47

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Is there Sharegate anywhere in this story?

Badge +4

nope, no Sharegate involved

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Rright... What troubles me here is - what is this "Approval Status" column/ field? It is not ootb Nintex field. From what I see is that the ‌ is working fine - task is marked completed, with appropriate outcome. So it works. This is where the functionality ends. But what is "Approval status"? Is it a name of your workflow, so that the column present the status of your workflow? Or is it a custom field?

In both cases I think the value of that field is being updated not by "Lazy Approval", but by your workflow's logic - I think there is an action inside, like "Set a field in current item" or "Set workflow status" what sets value of this label.

Dive into your workflow. I think the issue is with its logic, not the functionality you mentioned as from your screen shots I can surely say it is working fine.

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +4

hey Tomasz thanks for your answer!

The "Approval Status" column/field is the standard field from SharePoint that is created after you activated content approval in your document library:

I was actually wondering why there is another Nintex approval field because it's one there and the Nintex one has a weird name with guid what is not really user friendly. 

I thought "Lazy Approval" will update the SharePoint "Approval Status" field and not it's own field am I on a wrong way?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Oh, sorry, I didn't catch that. I thought it is your custom column.

But to answer your question - no, Lazy Approval is not changing the approval status. You have to do it inside your workflow by the "Office 365 set approval status" action. The workflow itself and the approval status are not bond to each other automatically. You must trigger approval by the action.

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +4

ahhh okay...that explains it I will try that. Thanks for your help!

Cheers

Jan

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

No problem, i'm glad I could've helped you. If you find any from my answers as the solution please mark it correct accordingly

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +16

‌ did you try the suggestion?  Was your problem resolved?  If so, please make the appropriate response correct using "Mark Correct" button.  Thanks