Working with Sharepoint task list

• 18 December 2015
  • 1 reply

Badge +4

Hi all,

I am having a request form for some business process which is connected to a list in sharepoint. I am able to manage the content flowing from Smartform to workflow and then at the final point in Sharepoint list.

As a next step I need to map it to task list in sharepoint if the request is approved with a unique task number as well.  I have created the task list in sharepoint however not really sure how will I make this interaction work in order to achieve the automatic task number generated in the Task list in sharepoint and then getting it communicated to the desired set of reciepients. 

Please advise if anyone has tried something like this before. Appreciete your help in advance.

Regards

1 reply

Badge +9

Hi There

If you want to interact with any sort of list in SharePoint, you must create a K2 SmartObject based off of the list. You will do this te same way that you created your artifacts on the other lists in your project, by going to the List tab at the top of the page and clicking on the K2 Application page. This should bring up a prompt to create new artifacts or deploy already created ones. You will want to create new ones and select just the SmartObjects, as this is all you will need. From there, you can use the SmartObjects to make any changes that you would like to the Task List for your project.

Ian