Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
axel
Nintex Newbie

Update SharePoint Group Name

Jump to solution

Hey all,

I am creating a workflow to create, delete or change SharePoint groups. Within this I got to the point to use the "Call Web Service" action to update the (SharePoint) GroupInfo:

Web method: "UpdateGrupInfo"

In this workflow action I inserted the relevant URL, User credentials and web method.

For the "Web Service Input" fields:
I used the "oldGroupName" as a string (no variable used)

"groupName": also a text was inserted
"ownerIdentifier": no input
"ownerType": no input
"description": no input

I do not know if these 3 fields are required fields to get the right SP Group but I always get an error message after publishing and using this workflow.

Error message after testing via "Run now": "The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error."
Error message by list item workflow: "Failed to invoke web service. Error returned from server"

Does anyone know how to configure such workflow action to change the Name of a SharePoint Group?

Thanks in advance

6 Replies
murphybp2
Nintex Newbie

Re: Update SharePoint Group Name

Jump to solution

Do the credentials you are using to invoke the web service have access to make changes to the group name?  That error sounds like a permissions issue. 

axel
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Yes, the User which is used as credentials is the group owner of my test group.

Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

ownerIdentifier and ownerType fields have to be provided as well

0 Kudos
axel
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

how do i get these information?

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

ownerType is simply one of user or group

ownerIdentifier is a user that will set as group owner. you can either set it up on your own or you can get existing owner with GetGroupInfo method

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

You can also have a look at the official reference for this method: UserGroup.UpdateGroupInfo Method (websvcUsersGroups) 

And in case you need to fetch that information inside your workflow dynamically, you can use the GetGroupInfo method of the same web service: UserGroup.GetGroupInfo Method (websvcUsersGroups) 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos