Javascript to do save and force validation on specific fields

Badge +9

I have a single form that contains multiple questions and sections. 

We have placed each question in a panel, and we show and hide each panel when the user selects tabs (radio buttons rendered as buttons) . 

The "Next" and "Previous" buttons basically move from one tab to the other. So if you are at question 1, and click Next, a javascript will run and show the next question(#2) and so on. 

The Javascript is something like this. 

function GoToQ2 ()
 {

NWF$('#'+ formTabs).find('input:radio[value="2"]').prop("checked","true").change();
return false;

}

We need that "Next" button to do validation (and possibly save and continue as well) of the questions.

The tricky part is want to do validation only for the current tab before it moves on to the next question.Is it possible to do partial validation given that all of them are technically on the same form ?!

How can we do that, and can we cause validation only on specific rules on each button?

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

So, this is a doable, but it would be helpful to know a little bit about your environment.

Ideally...

• Which version of Nintex Forms are you running? 
  • Which version of SharePoint are you running? 
  • Does this have to work in Mobile (nothing works in mobile! Gotcha!)? 
  • Which web browsers will be used to access the Form?
  • Do you have a version of the form with your control layout that you can upload (obviously without private / proprietary info) so that the solution can be bolted right on? 

The solution will ultimately be a big ol' custom blob of madness, but those above things might also make it more or less mad depending on your answers. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I can answer these questions in Christine's absense... 

- Most up to date version of Nintex Forms

- SP 2013
- Nope! Not for the mobile app, anyway. Agreed @ nothing works on Mobile.
- All. 

- That part, I can't help with. 

But hope that helps. D: 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Out of curiosity, can people click on both the independent Javascript Button Controls and the Radio Buttons of the Choice Control (rendered as Tabs)? 

Or are the Tabs just a visual aide, and the navigation controls are the only way to move through the selections? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Was there ever any movement on this?