Unbound Save as PDF Rule

Badge +6

Im attempting to use an unbound rule in a Smart Form to save a snapshot of the form as a PDF, and email a copy and save a copy in a SharePoint library. I can accomplish both however I want to make whether or not the PDF is saved contingent on an advanced condition. I attempted to put the advanced condition in each state of the form but I have an else that prevents me from getting the ID properly in the sequence which results in empy smart objects. I am attempting to use an unbound rule that doesnt present that issue but it appears that an advanced condition in an unbound rule that is fired using the Execute Another Rule..rule doesnt fire. If I disable the advanced condition it works but not selectively.

14127i110EA38DED791A73.jpg

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi,

I am not sure If I understood the requirements. Did you try to use Complete event of the 'Save As PDF' control? 

This event will fire when the PDF file is created and you will have the ID returned to the PDF control.

Please attach your unbound rule to understand your requirements.

Badge +6

Thanks for the reply Mustafa. I know that was a clumsy description. I was able to make it work. Seem there was a problem with the advanced condition and the order that the condition elements were used. When I reversed them it worked fine.

Thanks again

Dave