cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

Update Item based on "people or group"

Hi All,

I have a Site WF with an update item action and I want to update a field where the "people and group" column equals a variable that contains also a "people and group" type value. The problem is the WF always run to an error at this point as it cant match the 2 values even if they are the same data type. 

I have logged the 2 value to the wf history and it seems to be the same so the system should match them.

Example:

OHR=     i:0#.w|ad\123040387

KJOHR= i:0#.w|ad\123040387

Any idea?

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
Highlighted
Workflow Hero

Re: Update Item based on "people or group"

try using a single line of text for your variable and update your person field with that

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Originally it was a single line of text type variable with the same error so I converted it to a people or group type.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

ui: I dont want to update the people and group field, I use it only to match the correct line in the list.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

OK how is the variable populated?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

I have set variable action where I assign to KJOHR (people and group type) a single line of text variable value varOHR.

Sorry we use Hungarian translation of Nintex 

Next step use KJOHR at Update Item action as "where" Résztvevő OHR = KJOHR set column value to "Mentve"

The WF stops at this point so I guess it cant match the two values. As you can see in my first post they are identical for value and type as well.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Can you set the property of the People field to Name/email etc. using the below highlighted button and try?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

I tried a lot of option from there, but none of them works.

I fill like I am an expert in findig Nintex limitations and "bugs".

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

How is the value assigned to OHR? Hope there is no whitespace?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

It is coming from a collection variable that is processed and every OHR saved as single line of thext (varOHR). First I thought the problem is that it have different type of data thats why it cannot match, but then I assigned it to a person or group variable (KJOHR) with the same result (error).

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply