cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Unknown Error - Stopping Workflow

Jump to solution

Hi guys!

I needed a help, there is a Request running online at my Intranet company and it´s been having a few troubles and don´t know what to do.

I´ve done many tests and when doing tests it works normally.

As you can see the user who is requesting is the same as well as the type request..

So the user "Joseane" has created 3 Requests and one of them got "Error Occurred",  at the workflow status seems to be an Controllership action issue, but the other two requests have been approved by Controllership responsibles.

SO WHAT COULD IT BE ???

Any doubt, i´m here to explain.

Thank you!

Juliano

Capturar.JPG

Capturar2.JPG

Capturar3.JPG

Labels: (2)
4 Replies
Nintex Newbie

Re: Unknown Error - Stopping Workflow

Jump to solution

Hi Juliano:

One possible cause could be the following:

The user that has completed the task, has still opened the document or form and the workflow it trying to "update item" and It cannot be made because it's opened or checked out.

Perhaps the following recommendations will help on your workflow.

Before the "update item " action, add the action named "wait for check out status change" or "Wait for item update", depending on your business logic.

After the "update item" action ,add the action named "Commit pending changes".

Add a message on your approval form so as to ask user not to keep open the document/item before completing the task.

View solution in original post

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for helping..

I had already put the action "Commit Pending changes" I guess it has helped but i will wait some more requests to see how it works..

Another question is, what dadas do I have to setup into the "Wait for item Update" action ?

Does it really make sense getting error if the user leaves the page opened and approving it later ?

Thank you !

Juliano

Capturar.JPG

Capturar2.JPG

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Fernando,

Just letting you know, it got error again.

Well on "Commit Pending Changes" action got error.

ERROR.JPG

Capturar5.JPG

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi guys Eric Harris burkslm Fernando Hunth Enrico Knapp,

Needed a help pelase!

I´ve got a Notebook form running online at our Intranet, were made some tests and even so once it went live when it takes time to be approved it gets error when someone goes to approve to.

On first image you see there are 5 created requests and 4 are in Progress, however one of them got error after Helpdesk completed it.

Half hour later Helpdesk completed the rest 3 requests and also got error after approving it on “Request Data” action.

Can anyone please give a hand what´s going on this ?

Cheers,

Juliano

Capturar.JPG

ERROR.JPG

0 Kudos