Calculated value control - property 'appearance - enabled=yes'

• 13 September 2017
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

Hi folks,

documentation for the Calculated value control - property 'appearance - enabled' says "Enable the control to receive user input at run time"

Do I understand it correctly to do the following:

1. set-up the control to calculate something (e.g. a user profile look-up)

2. at runtime (new or edit mode), the output of the above calculation is displayed in the control - but can be manually overriden by the user.

If so, I somehow can't seem to get it to work (Nintex Forms 2013 Version: 2.10.0.2, on Prem).

If not, what is the option supposed to do?

Kind regards,

Susan

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

no you can not change/edit value of calculated value control.

I'd say that's just a general sentence used everywhere throughout the documentation for the option.

either option you select, it makes no difference on how calculated value control behaves

Badge +2

That's what I thougt ... just too bad that we would require it to work that way.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

not sure what exact functionality are you looking for, but wouldn't setting default value for editable controls be sufficient?

function set is not as reach as for calculated control value, but there are as well possible some formulas/calculations.

Badge +2

Hello Marian,

one of my use cases is a simple order form for employee's business cards:

Based on the entry of a people picker control, certain user profile properties of the selected user (e.g. department, company name, e-mail address, ...) should be populated to the respective data entry fields, where the employee is allowed to change / correct the information if she or he needs to.

Right now, I solve it with a text entry field ("B") next to the calculated value control ("A") where the user can enter her/his changes and in a second (hidden) calculated control look whether "B" is empty and if so store "A", else "B", in the corresponding column. This works, but has not the best usability (and is quite a lot of work).

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

ok, I see.

for these kind of use cases default value doesn't work.

it's usually solved just the way you approached it or with javascript code.

Badge +3

Execute JavaScript after form total override. Give some class name to control and override its value.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi  ‌, did any of posts answered your question?

if so could you select a correct answer to close the topic?