cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Unable to purge the Workflow History List - List too Large

I have a customer that is in dire need of purging their Nintex Worflow History list. Currently, there are over 3.2 million items within the list. Since there are too many records to delete via the UI, I tried the following:

How to purge items from a large history list safely via PowerShell - After 30 minutes, the memory usage for PowerShell.exe surged from 130,000 MB to 13 GB and eventually crashed. This occurred at the line (I did change the Parse date): if($($list.Items[$index])['Modified'] -lt [DateTime]:Smiley Tonguearse("01/01/2014")){

Nintex Workflow - Purge History List Data for a Site Collection - Vadim Tabakman  -  This ran for several hours (Querying the List) before erroring out with a non-descriptive debug exception.

Does anyone have any other ideas for purging this list?

2 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Unable to purge the Workflow History List - List too Large

Hi Nintex,
Please respond to this question.

I also have looked everywhere for another method to Purge the History List properly but unable to find one.
The ones that James mentioned does not work for me neither.
We are using Nintex Workflow 2007 and trying to purge all "Error" state workflows.
"NWAdmin.exe -o PurgeHistoryListData -siteUrl http://mysite.com/  -state 64"

it says that it queried x amount of items, but thats it.
Then when i check site/mysite/lists/NintexWorkflowManagement page, i can still see items with "Error" as event type.

Please HELP.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Unable to purge the Workflow History List - List too Large

Using the search feature of this site, I found this: How to purge large Nintex Workflow History list and dbo WorkflowProgress table

Is this helpful?

I'm not technical, I just manage the community, but I like to read some threads when I have time and help where possible.

If this doesn't work, try the search function (magnifying glass, upper-right corner of this page), and try some key words. This question has probably popped up before.

Best of luck!

0 Kudos