Ntx 2016 - New WF from template issue

• 23 August 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge +9

Hello there. We have just installed Nintex/SP 2016 on prem. When I try to create a new workflow, it doesn't populate the window to choose whether to pick from a template or start a blank one? We will be saving a lot of template and the users will be re-using them and this is an essential part. Is our installation broken or is this a known issue in 2016 on prem?!

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

If you click on Open in the workflow designer, there are 2 check boxes, one of which is "Show Template page when creating a new workflow". This is not selected by default, select this and it will open when you create new workflows.

I don't know if there is a setting in Central Admin to manage this globally, I'll have a look.

Badge +9

Thanks ‌, I tried it and this worked for me but I was at a certain subsite/list. Would that be made available for all the users and on all sites/subsites/lists from now on? or do the users have to check that box everytime they try to create a workflow? (:~~SS worried face) .. 

I checked in central admin and couldn't spot a configuration for it. 

Badge +9

Ok - little update. For a certain user logged, once I selected that box on any list/subsite, it populates for me now on any of the subsites within the site collection. I'll get someone to test with a different account and let you know how it worked.. Thanks again. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I wasn't able to find a global setting in Central Admin. Anyone else know a little more about this from ‌ perhaps?

Badge +9

I already have a ticket opened since yesterday with Nintex support. I just let them know about the update, thanks to you :-), and asked about the Global configuration. I'll let you know if I heard back.  

Badge +9

An Update: The response I got from Nintex support is: 

There is no option in Central admin to set this globally. Also no PowerShell command nor a Sql switch in the database that I can change its default value. I was asked to create a new feature in uservoice. Here it is: 

A global configuration in CA to display workflow template pop-up for new workflows – Customer Feedback for Nintex