Is it possible to shorten the loop to under 5 minutes?

Badge +7

I have a loop that loops through a repeating section and creates a list item for each row in the repeated section, but I must have it working faster than a loop every 5 minutes. How can I accomplish this without causing the workflow to fail, or crash?

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Are you putting your repeating section items into a collection variable? If you do that, you can use a "For Each" loop which will make sure each is complete before advancing to the next and thus shouldn't crash your workflow

Badge +7

Thank you for your reply.
I'm not putting them in a collection variable. Is this a best practice for this, and will it run faster than every five minutes?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I would think it would run faster, as creating an item wouldn't take 5 minutes. It should basically queue up the next item to create as soon as the previous one is finished. This way, you're not creating items simultaneously but you're also not wasting/losing time between item creations either.

Badge +7

Great! that's exactly what I need. I get the five minutes from the loop. When I used the loop to do this it only ran the loop every 5 minutes, and this is not acceptable when you have several items to create. Thanks again i'm going to try this out.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Great! Let me know if it works out for you or if you have more questions