task delegation structure in DB

• 6 January 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hi there I just to know the DB secret of Flexi tasks / delegation behind the DB.

I need to know if I Manually add new delegation to dbo.Delegation with params:

[DelegationID],[Username],[StartDate],[EndDate],[SiteID],[WebID],[Delegate]

Username and Delegate must be always with domain prefix?

I mean this i:0#.w|DOMAINuser ?

What happend if I put there only DOMAINuser ?

And if I put new record like this with all other params so that's all. Or is there some another DB for adding another records. Because If I look to [dbo].[DelegationHistory] and [dbo].[HumanWorkflowApprovers]. and see more details especially in last db HWA is AllowDelegation param.

I need just explanation of all this process behind the DB.

Thanks for expert explain.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

Just want to start of with a caveat that you may put your Nintex Installation in an unsupported state by updating the Nintex database(s) directly.

The dbo.Delegation table holds pre-planned task delegation that is set for a specific date span. If a Task is assigned to the user it is automatically delegated to the specified user in the pre-planned delegation.

The dbo.DelegationHistory table records delegations that are made when a user opens a task and delegates it to someone else.

When configuring a task action you can specify if the task can be delegated or not. When a task is created with that action it appears in the dbo.HumanWorkflowApprovers table and the column AllowDelegation is set with a 0 or 1 to specify if the task can be delegated or not.

I am not sure if the claims tokens (i:0#.w) are needed or not but I figure Nintex would not have put them in if they were not needed.
Badge +3

Thank you very much!

Anyway I already tested with (i:0#.w) and without if I put without than delegation NOT function.

Only add task to that user.

And if I adding new classic task for example from workflow for non trusted domain user.

How the process of flexi task works. Do this run only with synced AD or synced UPS ?