Workflow gives an error when starting from item context menu

• 7 October 2015
  • 6 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +2

I have build a workflow 'Set item permissions'. When i start this workflow manually or automatically it works perfect but when i start this workflow from the 'item context menu' it gives an error 'An error had occured in Set item permission'. What's the difference with starting a workflow from the item context menu?

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Try using a commit pending changes before the set permissions action

Badge +2

What do you mean by 'commit pending changes'?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

The action named "Commit pending changes"

129261_pastedImage_0.png

Badge +3

Hi, did you ever solve this problem? I have nearly the same problem and noticed that when I’m starting the workflow from the context menu it will start two times. So if there is a small workflow it wants throw an error, but with an Flexi Task in it it will say workflow already started. Maybe your commit will cause a similar problem?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I have had some issues in the past with the link from the item context menu. Different to these two scenarios though. However, I "resolved" it by exporting the workflow, deleting it from the list and then going into SPD to remove any trace of the workflow, this should ensure it isn't in the Item context menu. Then import your workflow again and republish and it worked.

Nintex equivalent of "turn it off and turn it back on again". Hope it works for you.

Badge +3

Thanks’ for your reply. I will give it a try.