cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Trying to create a workflow to convert date column from "mm/dd/yy" to "mmmm dd, yyyy" format but am running into issues.

Jump to solution

Hello all,

I've been a lurker for quite some time and have been teaching myself Nintex forms/workflow and found these forums to be a lot of help  to me. I've come across an issue where I am trying to convert a date format. List column in question is a date format which users are currently entering in mm/dd/yy format. We are planning to upload this list to an external vendor but the kicker is that they would only accept the date in mmmm dd, yyyy format i.e. April 11, 2016.

Has anyone ever run across this issue before? if so, please assist

Thank you!

HNR949

0 Kudos
7 Replies
emha
Nintex Newbie

Re: Trying to create a workflow to convert date column from "mm/dd/yy" to "mmmm dd, yyyy" format but am running into issues.

Jump to solution

you can use set variable action and define a conversion formula based on fn-FormatDate inline function  that will convert your date to a string of required format

Not applicable

Re: Trying to create a workflow to convert date column from "mm/dd/yy" to "mmmm dd, yyyy" format but am running into issues.

Jump to solution

Thank you so much Marian! I'm gonna give it a try today and will report back with results.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hello Marian,

OK I gave it a try, did not get any errors, but the column itself is populating the formula instead of converted date. I have two r-35 dates by the way. The one on the left "R-35 Date" is the original date format whereas the "R-35Date" towards the right is where the converted date should populate, and is a set as a string type column.

Error message.jpg

Workflow:

Workflow pic.jpg

0 Kudos
emha
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

have you used [TextStart]? it should have been {TextStart}  (curly brackets instead of square ones)

the same for textend.

sorry, I haven't noticed attached picture got somehow blured after I posted it.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Awesome, just updated that and it worked! Thanks so much Marian.4-13-2016 9-56-18 AM.jpg

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Just to confirm, there is no way to then convert this value into a date field from string?

0 Kudos
emha
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

date type inherits its formatting from your sharepoint settings, so it does your input date column.

I'm not aware of sharepoint would support different date formats at the same time.