Question

Scoring - SharePoint list Nintex Forms

• 15 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hi everyone, 

I need some help with calculating scores. 

I have a form with 26 categories, each category has about 7-12 choices column with correct and incorrect choice. I would like the scoring to be calculated. User will be doing one category at a time. 

what would the best approach to avoid 300+ rules, as i tried Calculated column within SharePoint but i have hit a limit of number of column reference within the formula. 

this is what i did in SharePoint calculated column but it has reached a limit, so can't use it anymore

TotalCorrect:

+IF(SA1="Correct",1,0)+IF(SA2="Correct",1,0)+IF(SA3="Correct",1,0)+IF(SA4="Correct",1,0)+IF(SA5="Correct",1,0)+IF(SA6="Correct",1,0)+IF(SA7="Correct",1,0)+IF(SA8="Correct",1,0)+IF(SA9="Correct",1,0)+IF(SA10="Correct",1,0)+IF(SA11="Correct",1,0)+IF(SA12="Correct",1,0)

TotalInCorrect:

+IF(SA1="InCorrect",1,0)+IF(SA2="InCorrect",1,0)+IF(SA3="InCorrect",1,0)+IF(SA4="InCorrect",1,0)+IF(SA5="InCorrect",1,0)+IF(SA6="InCorrect",1,0)+IF(SA7="InCorrect",1,0)+IF(SA8="InCorrect",1,0)+IF(SA9="InCorrect",1,0)+IF(SA10="InCorrect",1,0)+IF(SA11="InCorrect",1,0)+IF(SA12="InCorrect",1,0)

Total Score:

=TotalCorrect/(TotalCorrect+TotalNotCorrect)

please advise?

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

You should just be able to do this using one Calculated Control I’d imagine. Can you provide a few additional details though? 

• Are you using a Classic Form or something else? This is important to know!

• Do the amount of Choice Controls change based on the “category”? If so, are they disabled / enabled based off of the category?

• Do the Choice Controls actually just say “Correct” and “Incorrect” or do they contains answers that are determined to be correct or incorrect via a rule or some other method?

• Can you provide a screenshot of what this looks like?

Badge +1

I am using New Responsive form. It will be a manual selection. the choice does say “Correct” and “Incorrect”. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Sorry, one last thing, is this SharePoint online or SharePoint on Prem?

Badge +1

Sharepoint online 

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Simple answer if you wish to use SharePoint calculated columns - split your calculation into 3 columns each covering a 3rd of the IF statements,  Then have a final calculated column that adds up the others, etc.

Like column TotalCorrect would be TotalCorrectPartA+TotalCorrectPartB+TotalCorrectPartC

Column TotalNotCorrect would be TotalInCorrectPartA+TotalInCorrectPartB+TotalInCorrectPartC

And your TotalScore set to =TotalCorrect/(TotalCorrect+TotalNotCorrect)