Please see attached for rules 36 Rules that didn’t work!!

• 5 September 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

As mentioned previously, I'm new to the logic. In the solution that was suggested for one of the issues I’m having the “and” as part of the formula was used. Would “&&” and “and” be a valide form of the rule for Nintex?

"Solution shown below"

and(is edit mode,equals(my requester approver(display name),Current User(display name)))

If you could please look at my rules and help me with a rule that would be acceptable on the form providing a work around for the following two rules. 

Please see attached for rules 36 Rules that didn’t work!!

How can I write the following two rules to work on my form?

4252i07956D2C97C222AF.png

Re: Violating the Rule of 2 Logical Arguments

Thank you. Would the != also not work because of the effort of using it in a nested function or would another format work?

Could I make two rules that would do the same outcome as the original rule?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Violating the Rule of 2 Logical Arguments

Hi,

You could try writing your rule like:

and(is edit mode,equals(my requester approver(display name),Current User(display name)))

Also the second rule will not work.  The not() runtime function is designed to reverse the outcome of a rule in Nintex Forms.  It cannot be nested inside other functions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Violating the Rule of 2 Logical Arguments

I'm new to the logic we can use when forming a condition for a rule.

It seems that whenever I add the && it doesn't work, and it causes my other rules on the form to stop working.

How would I make the following rule work?

4 replies

Badge +10
Hi Jimmy,

It is better to use calculated control to get actual values userProfileLookup(my requester approver,"PreferredName") to cvApprover (calculated control name) , do the same for current user and use contains functions like contains(cvApprover,cvCurrUser)

Badge +1

Thank you Sojanm, would it be as simple as (is edit mode)&&(cvApprover,cvCurrUser)
(is edit mode)&&(not(cvApprover,cvCurrUser)

Badge +10
Hope it fixed you issue
Userlevel 2
Badge +11

@Jimmy 

As far as I know the && and || operators do no take any parameters. So, I don't think &&(cvApprover,cvCurrUser) will work.... It's either "A && B && C" or "AND(A,AND(B,C))".

But again I may be wrong as I never used &&(A,B).....