Duplicate Email Notification

• 20 September 2017
  • 8 replies

Badge +6

I have a site workflow that is querying a list, and building and HTML table that is sent via an email notification. The issue is two emails will be sent each time the workflow is executed, which is daily. Adding a pause action to the workflow did not provide a solution.

Workflow Overview:

Workflow Overview

Workflow Variables:

HTML Start:

For Each:

Parallel Action:

Collection Operations:

Math Operation (Advance Index):

Build HTML:

Close HTML:

Send Notification:

8 replies

Badge +16

Just checking that the cc recipient isn’t the same as the to recipient? 

Badge +6

The recipients are different, I have tried using one recipient with similar results

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Checking the workflow history confirms that the workflow only runs once?

Badge +6

the workflow is executing two times when the schedule is executed

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Presumably that is not the desired behavior then? 

I'd suggest checking your schedule, make sure there aren't 2 schedules set by mistake or something like that. This is a site workflow isn't it, so the only thing that can start it is a schedule or another workflow.

Badge +16

Gary Powell-Jones you had this didn’t you?‌

Badge +6

Correct, this is not the desired behavior

This is a site workflow, and only one schedule exists. 

Badge +6

After testing the workflow on a separate web application, it executes only one time (the desired behavior). In Central Admin, I noticed there are two timer job definitions (Web Application A, Web Application B). Web Application A is running as expected, and Web Application B is starting multiple instances of site workflows. 

This support article suggests deleting the extra timer job, but does not suggest how, or scenarios where multiple web applications exist.

Scheduled Site Workflows Run Twice - Nintex Knowledge Base