one task for gathering review from multiple users

• 26 March 2015
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi there,

I am new to creating workflows so sorry for lame question, but I've read several similar topics and documents and tested several configurations with no success. 

My goal is to

1) have workflow that starts with parameter - list of reviewers - and in the first step assigns a review task to all users. 

2) Task has 2 actions - Approve, Neutral and Reject (e.g. a document).

3) I want collect reviews from all users (sometimes 1 sometimes 2,3,4 and more people) and go to outcome "Rejected" if there was 1 or more "Reject" actions selected and "Approved" when there was 0 "Rejected" actions. 

Now, the problem is that if i put 3 users in start parameter, they all get a task, as expected, but the process goes to next step after first user selects the action. What i want is to wait for all users and then go to selected outcome (based on rules described in 3.) 

I've tried (propably) all combinations that i could find in K2 Studio wizards for Destination Users, but maybe i am missing something 

what am i doing wrong? :) 

EDIT - i've uploaded pdf with some screenshots of activity/event properties 

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Dear,

you are using inline finction to split destinations!! 

13938iE10E546A6584C798.png

did you try to use a group of users or role instead? 

try to add an AD Group to the destination

Badge +1

1) is split function bad? I use it because when i add 2+ users in this parameter (like "domainuser1;domainuser2") it will be converted to "k2:domainuser1;domainuser2" and things go wrong, 

2) i cannot add ad group because every time workflow will start wih persons injected in process parameter (data field) - it will be 1-3 persons for most cases, but always different. This process will be fired from outside .net app, with some sort of "start" form where i can set persons that will do the review of a documents 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

I created a similar process to yours, the only diffirent is the line rule and it worked

13859i2D9A31A5D15E767A.png