Remove Unresolved Person/Group Entry From Repeating Section

Badge +5

We have a form with a repeating section where updates to the form are recorded. Someone who has left the company is in the "Updated By" field from back in February 2018, and this is preventing the form from being edited.

The former employee's name is blank on the display form:

2134iFCB9CF15CA0C9E04.jpg

But when attempting to open the edit form, the user receives the message:

Person/Group 'i:0#.w|domainusername' was not resolved. Verify control configuration.

How can I remove the value from this field so that this item can be edited by the Nintex form?

3 replies

Badge +17

This is an odd issue to have. How did the user name get deleted from the list in the first place?

Typically the account is disabled in AD, not fully removed to prevent things like this from happening. Ultimately the account is replaced with a different user or a systems account as well. To try and edit this, you may have to edit the list form, update the data in the XML for the repeating section and then see if that helps unlock the form.

Thats a wild guess as I haven't run into that specifically myself.

Badge +5

Hi @eharris04 ,

Thank you for your reply! My company's policy is that AD accounts are deleted, and they are not receptive to keeping them in a disabled state indefinitely. Could you say more about the account being replaced with a different user or system account? (I know that's outside the scope of this forum so understand if not)

My first thought was also to edit the XML. I obtained the Form Data using Vadim Tabakman's UDA, replaced the problem account name with an active one in a variable, then set the Form Data equal to that, but haven't gotten that to work yet.

Badge +17

@cherylshah if you have access to the form data it may be easy enough to extract that data, and create a new form with an updated user account.

While thinking about that, could you do a replace with your username to unlock the form and edit it. To do this, create a form with your account, and capture that data, then replicate that in the existing form then save and see what becomes of that.