Attachments at Flexi Task

• 12 September 2016
  • 5 replies

Badge +6

Hi all

I'm struggling with a business requirement to extract attachments added at approval stage (Flexi Task) and send them through email to the initiator. The workflow has 4 approval levels as shown in the picture below, at stage 3 (RED), there's an attachment control on the form, upon submission I want these attachments to be carried forward to initiator in the form of an email notification.

191973_pastedImage_1.png

5 replies

Badge +11

Hi Tapologo Zachariah,

You cannot retrieve attachments directly from the task. You may have to use this approach.

collect task attachments in list item and show all attachments in next task 

Copy Attachments From a List Item to a Document Library Using Nintex Workflow - Viewpoint - Rightpoint Consulting 

Hope this helps.

Badge +6

Thanks Kapil Josh

The approaches described in the articles won't work for me because they only copy the attachments that were added on the original initiation form, attachments that are added in subsequent tasks will not appear.

Badge +11

The idea is the same, You will have to create similar workflow on the completed tasks as well. Check if they have attachments, and then execute the steps.

Badge +6

Hi

What do you mean by 'create similar workflow on the completed tasks', do you mean creating a workflow on the task list?

Badge +6

The solution works for original attachments, but I'm not able to have it work for task attachments