cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

This form cannot be opened in a Web browser. To open this form, use Microsoft InfoPath. --> I am not even using InfoPath?

Jump to solution

Hi all!

I am totally confused!

Here's what I do:

1. create new workflow

2. add 'request review' action to it

3. add myself as the reviewer and task description 'test'

Now I publish it and open the task and I get the error : This form cannot be opened in a Web browser. To open this form, use Microsoft InfoPath.

I am not even using InfoPath?!

I use Nintex 2013. Can anyone help me??

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: This form cannot be opened in a Web browser. To open this form, use Microsoft InfoPath. --> I am not even using InfoPath?

Jump to solution

did you edit the request review task form by accident in InfoPath?

Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: This form cannot be opened in a Web browser. To open this form, use Microsoft InfoPath. --> I am not even using InfoPath?

Jump to solution

OR did you select the Form Type as Infopath when creating the task action?

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

No I didn't!   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi ‌ and ‌!
I double checked those settings:

1. workflow settings --> form type: default

2. Request review --> task content type: Nintex workflow task

3. Request review --> form type: default

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

In workflow settings:

This is my only action:

And the review settings:

Still doesn't work! Ideas? ‌ and

Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

can you try and create a brand new workflow with request review action and see what happens with that?

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi, a bit more information:

- this happens in all libraries/lists in all workflows on this site, it doesn't on my other SharePoint-site!
So maybe some site-settings are wrong? I have no idea

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

It seemed that I changed something in the code of my content types.. I could not see the problem with my access privileges. Someone from the IT helped me though and saw a mistake in the code behind.

The solution for me was to delete the content types 'Nintex workflow task' etc. from my Task list and then add those again. I had to delete all my tasks to do this I think.
But now everything is working fine again.

View solution in original post