Move Data partially successful. Need resolution.

• 1 February 2018
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I ran the moveData command in my dev farm after pausing the timer service and stopping the web application. The command completed and I restarted the service and the web app as prompted in the powershell command window after the command completed.

I can see that the data has been moved into the new Nintex DB, which I created and mapped prior to running the movedata command. However, when I go to view the history of an old item or the task of a current item I get an empty page for the former and an error on the latter saying it can't find a task with that id.

I followed the guidance found here. After seeing the results I issued an iisreset and eventually even rebooted, in case there was some voodoo moves required, to no avail. Is there something I can do to force SP to recognize the new Nintex content DB?

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

OK. I resolved this by doing a google search. I had to stop and restart the Nintex Workflow Feature at the site collection level. Adding this to the documentation, along with the info on where to find the connection string, would be a win.