smart actions customization

• 20 April 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi, 

once user has taken action through smart actions i wants to execute smartobject, is there any way to achive it or let me know if i need to do any coustmiztionin k2 smart actions. 

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

Can you provide a bit more details about the scenario? It sounds like the user wants to use K2 SmartActions in conjunction with SmartObject calls in the email for this particular scenario. K2 SmartActions is just a messaging feature that enables user to action worklist items by responding to a message, I dont believe it will work with SmartObject execution.

Hi,
My scenario is like I need to update some coustm data after approving through smart actions.. client Don't wants add smartobject event in workflow..let us know how to achieve it
Badge +10

You cannot add custom data through the smartactions function (adding comments is a common request for example).  SmartActions simply completes the task with the action specified for that destination user.  No other data is processed.

The alternative would be to write your own "smartactions" service which based on some tags in the email would then  update the corresponding data using the K2 APIs.  I've done something similar in the past for customers and its worked well but it will take some development effort. 

Not sure why they wouldn't want to add a smartobject event to the workflow.

Regards,

Tim