cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harini
Nintex Newbie

The workflow could not update the item, possibly because one or more columns for the item require a different type of information.

I have an different issue.

If i create an item today and approve all the task today itself, there is no problem in the flow.

But if i create an item today and if i try to approve tomorrow, i am getting workflow errored .

Is it because the idle time is more? i have added pause and commit pending changes above the set field value, but still no luck.

Please do the needful.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
lakshminarayana
Nintex Newbie

Re: The workflow could not update the item, possibly because one or more columns for the item require a different type of information.

Can you post your workflow screen shot and update item/set field value action screenshot?.

0 Kudos
harini
Nintex Newbie

Re: The workflow could not update the item, possibly because one or more columns for the item require a different type of information.

Here is the screen shot of the workflow, in each approval i am doing status update

0 Kudos
lakshminarayana
Nintex Newbie

So in 'Approved' branch no 'Update Item' or 'Set Field Value' action is present other than 'Status' field correct?

And also have you observed anything on failed item workflow history. (execution flow)

0 Kudos
harini
Nintex Newbie

No changes, thats what i am getting confused, when i approve all the flow today itself it flow smoothly and complete all the flows.

but if there is any pending approval to approve tomo or day after, it gives me this error.

yes I notised one thing,

when I get mail for errored item, Click here to respond to the task.will be there, if I click on that link I get error page.

the webpage cannot display page (http 500 internal server error)

if I go and check the task list I cannot find the item id of it.

0 Kudos
emha
Nintex Newbie

time doesn't play a role at all. neither nintex nor sharepoint have any limit in this regard.

you likely lose permissions, or list item or task item are deleted over the day period.

0 Kudos
harini
Nintex Newbie

yes task item are being deleted, but why and how to resolve this?

0 Kudos
emha
Nintex Newbie

post configuration of task action.

and clarify whether task is assigned to a single user or group of users.

0 Kudos
harini
Nintex Newbie

task is assigned to group of users.

0 Kudos
emha
Nintex Newbie

what about flexi task configuration?

do you let it create individual tasks or not?

how do you have configured 'Behaviour' option?

do you let it change permissions?

can not it happen that you try to respond to resp. look for a task that has already been responded by other task assignee/group member?

0 Kudos