Pending vs Not Started

Badge +9

I have a Flexi Task where it is assigned to 10 people.  If 1 of the 10 approve the other 9 do not need to approve and it moves to the next part of the Workflow. 

Everything has been working fine, but I noticed an odd result on a recent event. The flexi task shows it is in a Not Started status for all 10.  However, one of the individuals also has a Pending status assigned to her.  How is this possible. 

When I review the Workflow History there are actually 11 Workflow ID's.  Again for some reason an individual has 2 WF Task ID's a Pending and Not Started.

Any ideas ?

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

can you post configuration of flexi task?

is it 10 individuals or a group of 10 users you assign the task to?

can you post some some screenshosts what statuses do you mean/check?

how do you check " flexi task shows it is in a Not Started status for all 10"?

what you mean with "there are actually 11 Workflow ID's" in single workflow instance history log?

Badge +9

Hi,

It is a group (SharePoint Group) of 10 users

I will try to post s-shots tomorrow

how do you check " flexi task shows it is in a Not Started status for all 10"? - I go to the List called "Workflow Tasks"

what you mean with "there are actually 11 Workflow ID's" in single workflow instance history log? - When I go to Workflow Tasks and take a look a the event and assignees I see the below.  Note cliff has 2 workflow id's assigned to him for the same event.

Also note I incorrectly said in my original post that one ID had a status of Pending.  The status is actually In Progress.

Name  Status ID

bob    Not started 1

joe    Not started 1

mary   Not started 1

abe    Not started 1

kole    Not started 1

cliff    Not started 1

cliff     In Progress

al    Not started 1

ellen    Not started 1

jen    Not started 1

victoria    Not started 1

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

- are you sure the two tasks are from the same workflow? workflow task list may be shared by several workflows.

- aren't the two tasks for a workflow running on two different items?

- isn't one of tasks of a 'previous version' of a workflow?

Badge +9

So when I go to the the Workflow Tasks List here is what I find for ID 58 and ID 60.  Cliff has 2 workflow ID's assigned to him for the same event (Event A).  When the task was created it kicked off Workflow Approvalv1 whereby Cliff and 9 others were asked for an approval.  Cliff has 2 task ID's (58 and 60) yet the 9 other individuals only have 1 task id assigned to them and whose status is "Not Started".

Hope this helps.

Title-Workflow Task

Assigned To-Cliff

Status-Not Started

Priority(2)-Normal

Due Date-Blank

%Complete-Blank

Predecessor-Blank

ID-58

Title-Workflow Task

Related Content-Event A

Related Items-Blank

Start Date-9/19

Task Group-Blank

Title-Workflow Task

Version 1..00

Workflow Name-Approvalv1(Previous Version: 8/27/2017 9:39:30 AM)

Title-Workflow Task

Assigned To-Cliff

Status-In Progress

Priority(2)-Normal

Due Date-Blank

%Complete-Blank

Predecessor-Blank

ID-60

Title-Workflow Task

Related Content-Event A

Related Items-Blank

Start Date-9/19

Task Group-Blank

Title-Workflow Task

Version 1..00

Workflow Name-Approvalv1(Previous Version: 8/27/2017 9:39:30 AM)

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

so, did this happen just once over a month ago? or is it regular problem?

do you have assign task action somewhere near the beginning of the workflow?

can you check whether Cliff didn't delegate his task or whether he didn't have automatic delegation  configured at the time task was created?

Badge +9

This happened just once over a month ago...all subsequent new events seem to be fine.  How do I check if Cliff delegated his task ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

you should be able to see it in workflow history    

210330_pastedImage_1.png

Badge +9

Great..will ck tomorrow.

Badge +9

Sorry have been away..will check tomorrow and respond...

Badge +9

I checked history and her name only shows once reflecting incomplete/pending.  Not sure why Workflow task has 2 items for her...I will continue to monitor.