list lookup with filter in repeating section

Badge +5

Hello Dears,

I'm facing a problem where I had to put a cascading list lookups inside a repeating section, the problem is that when any change in the main lookup, all the child list lookups in all rows changes according to the selected value from some row. How to avoid this and how to solve this issue.

Thanks

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

are you running current form release?

there were some issues in the past with that Cascading dropdown in repeating section?

Badge +5

Dear Hatala,

Thanks for your response.

My release is issued on 12/21/2015, but I figured out what the problem is. when I add new row in the repeating section, it do some recalculating for the cascading dropdown lists, and the result is reflected on all dropdown lists on all rows, and this is wrong, the change should be reflected on the current changed row. I'm not sure if there is a way to do this in nintex form, but till now I don't have a way to implement that.

BR

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

would you share more details what does your recalculation effectively do?

Badge +5

Okay,

I have cascading dropdown lists, when you choose a value from the first list, the second dropdown filled with data according to that selection, both of dropdown lists are list lookups,

When I add new row in the repeating section, and choose an option from the first dropdown in the second row, the second dropdown in the first row and in the second row filled with the related data. I hope you understand what am saying.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

so, that seems to be

typical use case for cascaded dropdowns and no special recalculation.

I've tested your scenario on my env (form 2013 version 2.7.0.0 on-prem, so release date 22nd July 2015) and it works correctly for me.

but if I go through forms 2010, 2013, or o365 release notes (https://community.nintex.com/search.jspa?q=release+notes) I can't see any release that would be released on 21st Dec 2015

so I'm not sure what version you are on.

so please check your exact form version and respective release notes whether an issue is already fixed there.

Badge +5

Okay, I checked my nintex forms release and it is 2.9.0.0 issued on 12/21/2015, I checked the notes, and I can't see any note talking about this issue in my release.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

then I have no idea, sorry.

maybe you may want to create an incident with nintex support.

Badge +5

Anyway, Thanks Marian Hatala​. I'll check it with nintex support.

Thanks