Nintex form cannot disable column through rule

Badge +2

I have a SharePoint column that I want to disable on Edit mode.

I am using Is Edit Mode, and disable as part of the Nintex OOTB rule.

But it did nothing.

But, when i changed it to Hide, it worked.

Any idea? I thought it should just work. I am in SharePoint 2013, with Nintex Form Version: 2.9.2.20

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

what type of control the rule is applied to?

is check for edit mode only expression in rule formula?

can you post screenshot of your config?

Badge +2

Hi Marian,

Thank you for your response.

I need to do it for text box, multi-line text box, people picker and drop down.

But for the screenshot, i tried it with text box, but it did not work for "disable" on Edit. If i did it for "hide", it worked on Edit.

Please see the below, under Email Subject.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

ok, thanks for info.

that all sounds to be good, and I do not see a reason why if hide works, disable should not.

how have you proven disable do not work? in preview or in runtime? in preview not all the functionality need to work correctly.

could you try along with disable set eg. some bg color, just to see whether rule is applied at all or not?

do you by any chance have any javascript or CSS that might interfere with rule?

Badge +6

Hey Andy,

I also don't think that this is a configuration problem. I would suggest to try it in a new list and only with one column (title column) in a site collection without any customization. If it still doensn't work this may be an issue for the support team.

Best regards,

Jan

Badge +2

Hi guys, thank you for the reply.

I tried your suggestions, and I found out that the "disabled" rule was somehow blocked by the cascade drop down filtering.

As soon as I changed the "Filter available selections" to "Display all values" OR "By a specified value", the "disabled" rule works. 

Any idea on what is happening here?

Sounds like a bug to me. Any workaround?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

what form version are you on?

on my NF2013 on prem 2.7.0.0 it works correctly.

have you tried to place to be disabled control into a panel and apply the rule on panel?

Badge +2

Hi Marian,

It is on prem Nintex Form Version: 2.9.2.20.

I have tried to disable the panel, but no luck. It might be a bug on this version?

Badge +10

Try placing the controls in a panel and disable the panel

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

so I've tested on 2.9.3.1 and I can conform the same behaviour as you experience if rule is assigned directly to the lookup control (lookup is not disabled).

this sounds to be a bug and I would suggest to report it to

however, if I moved lookup control INTO a panel and applied disable rule on the panel, it worked.

so make sure you moved your lookup control into panel. hopefully you are aware of it's not sufficient if lookup and panel overlaps each other, you have to drag control over panel and wait a little bit until panel gets darker and then drop it.

Badge +2

Thank you Marian for help!

It works by disabling the panel!!!

It did not work when I have the cascade drop down control as part of the panel. So, I have to move out the cascade drop down control from the main panel to disable the other controls.

And also, I have the requirement to disable the cascade drop down control. What I did was to hide the cascade drop down control during edit mode, and create another calculated value to show it during edit mode.