I'm using SP 2013. This particular workflow has been working very well, but now it has started sending task notifications before the actual task is created.
Is this a known issue, and if so, does anyone have any idea how I can make sure the task is created before the email is sent? when clicking the link from the generated email it lists the correct task ID, but the task is not yet created, and the customer gets this error message
Performance on the web front ends, and app server is not even close to 25% on CPU and less than 50% on RAM.
I created a new task list and got the same result, the previous one only has 80 tasks in it.
Is there any thing specifically on the servers that I can monitor while these tasks should be created to see where the issue may be.
Sr. SharePoint Administrator
Auburn OIT | 300 Lem Morrison Drive
(334) 844-9344 | email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=Clicked%20From%20Email%20Signature> | @SharePointAU
I don't think there is anything specific you could check.
it's single workflow action that internally needs to perform several operations within sharepoint.
you just might guess what might cause delays in creating task. typical reason might be ones I mentioned above.
one another idea(s)
- check further (and possibly clean) as well size of workflow history list
- how big is your source list?
do you use item level permissions on it?
do you set/manipulate permissions within task action and/or (shortly) before task action?
1. how do you get to the workflow history list?
2. Source list has about 10 items
3. Yes, i change the permissions in the workflow and then apply changes a few actions before the flexi-task issue
1. site settings >> Manage workflow history lists (or smth like that)
3. try to add commit pending changes and/or pasuse for action right before flexi task. setting permissions is quite costly/slow action. it may happen notification is already received while permission changes settle down.
I'll be happy to help when i learn what is causing it. I have created the site thinking it was the site i created because it wasn't happening anywhere else in the farm, but it was to no avail. Nintex support has the workflow now verifying it's design and trying to figure out what is causing it.