Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
prasanna
Nintex Newbie

Task is locked by running workflow for 5 minutes

Hi,

We are using delegate workflow task action to delegate the tasks automatically after some time. User is getting email notification once delegation is done and in email we are providing "ContextItemURL" to approve/reject the task. If they try to approve/reject they are getting "Task is locked by running workflow" error. But after 5 minutes if they try again its working fine.

Could you please let me know is this default behavior or anything wrong with environment ?

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Task is locked by running workflow for 5 minutes

Hello Lakshmi Prasanna‌ - 

Are you running a site workflow against a workflow task list or running the Delegate workflow task in a parallel action in your list workflow? 

I have not experienced this behavior before, but it depends on what is going on in your workflow. It sounds like the timer job is getting backed and not processing the task properly or in a timely manner.

Check out Task Lock - Task is locked by a running workflow and cannot be edited  for more information and details.

0 Kudos
prasanna
Nintex Newbie

Re: Task is locked by running workflow for 5 minutes

Hi Jesse McHargue,

Its not a site workflow, its running on library. And yes we do have parallel actions in my workflow. On the left side we have Delegate workflow task and on right side we have task reminder, used to send reminder to user who dont respond to Delegation email, after some specific tme.

0 Kudos