cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Task form slow to load

Hi

We are using Nintex Forms and Workflow 2013.  Users are experiencing in excess of 20 secs load time when acceding a "simple" assigned approval.  Rest of the forms load es expected, only the task approvals are slow in loading.

Any thoughts?

Samir

Labels: (3)
9 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Task form slow to load

Try using exclusive Task and History lists for that workflow.

Create a new task list and a new History List and configure your workflow to use those new lists.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi

We have a separate tasks lists and History lists for each of the tasks being generated from the workflow. 

To open a Task form it is taking 30 seconds. in that 25 seconds are spent on SQL side.

Following method from Nintex is consuming 11 seconds to execute, which internally calls a SQL procedure named "proc_GetWorkflowDataForItem".

It would be good if Nintex let us know what is best practice to handle this issue.

I have raised a support call with Nitex.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

We may want to wait to hear what support responds with as they will have the opportunity to see your system. But I would review before hand the number of items that are in the task list and history list.

If you are building several workflows on a single site, and keeping the default settings for assigned task list and history list, then there is the potential that the lists have a large number of items. Large in number means greater than 5000

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hello!

We are experiencing exactly the same issue. Samir, have you managed to resolve this issue? What was the troubleshooting?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Yes, w

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

We have SharePoint 2013 On Premise and Nintex 2013 and the forms are extremely slow to load. Sometimes up to 30 seconds to open the form. Our users are starting to complain about the slowness. Does anyone from Nintex have a solution or response?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

As other forms seem to work fine if might be good to reach out to Nintex support. They can analyze the list and the form controls and might have a clue what causes the performance breakdown.

What controls do you have on the form? Are you using any custom JavaScript, external Resources or such things? Do you have a screenshot?

Best regards

Enrico

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Any other updates on this issue? We have some forms that have a Time to First Byte (TTFB) of over 30 seconds, while the rest of the site is snappy. Our open ticket with Nintex Support isn't helping other than the standard "Your form is too long, break it into pieces...".

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

I used to be a real advocate of Nintex Forms and Workflows using it with SharePoint On Premise, but if I had know how bad the OnLine version was....I would not have moved. It takes twice as long to create the workflows and half the basic actions no longer work! If Nintex do not get their act together we will look at another solution!

Accept as Solution Reply