cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Task form device layouts

Hi there,

I'm trying to create some device layouts using Nintex Forms for the flexi task form so users can access them from their mobile device. What I've noticed however is that when clicking the link from the email (using the ootb Nintex ApprovalURL common workflow variable), it navigates to the default SharePoint mobile edit task form first, as in the image below with this URL: https://<site url>/_layouts/15/mobile/editforma.aspx?List=<list id>&ID=<id>

iPhone_Task_Form.png

When clicking cancel from this view , it navigates to the custom Nintex Form, with this URL: https://<site url>/_layouts/15//NintexForms/mobile/editform.aspx?List=<list id>&View=<view id>&ID=<id>

Is there a way to get the link in the workflow email to link directly to the custom Nintex form for the approval task?

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Task form device layouts

I will suggest you to insert your own custom link in the email notification. You can specify your own URL, by clicking Insert tab > Link when editing your email notification.

But, it require some "tricks" to make things working.

By clicking Link button from Insert tab, put something like this in your address field:

fn-Replace(&quot;{Common:ApprovalUrl}&quot;, &quot;Lists/Workflow%20Tasks&quot;, &quot;_layouts/15/NintexForms/Mobile&quot;)&amp;List=<TaskListId>

Note: Change Workflow%20Tasks to your Task Name and <TaskListId> to your task list id GUID.

The idea for this approach is to use Approval Url which is something like <SiteURL>/Lists/Workflow%20Tasks/EditForm.aspx?ID=<TaskID>, and replace Lists/Workflow%20Tasks to _layouts/15/NintexForms/Mobile path, to redirect user to the mobile page.

You might notice that ViewId params is missing from querystrings, but Nintex Forms will based on the device you using to redirect to the particular view, so it might not compulsary

Attached the NWF using that approach for your references

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Thanks! I'll look at implementing this in my workflow. It's a shame that we can't have the link automatically redirect to the correct form for users on mobile devices. Future updates perhaps?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Not too sure is it whether is planned for future updates. But I guess is good that you post this idea/request at our uservoice Customer Feedback for Nintex

And, kindly marked the post that answered your question, so that we can help more people

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Sure thing, will do

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

I still can't get the replace to work on "WorkflowTasks" with "_layouts/15/NintexForms/Mobile" . I even tried to replace the link with a string but still does not edit the original link. but when I tested the replace function with a simple string it worked fine.. is there a permissions issue or something with editing workflow task link??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Nevermind I found the problem. Thank you anyways. I tried to put the Approval URL into a variable and then put into the edit source which did not work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

I'm actually running into a similar problem.

Out approval link will be something like this: https://{domain}/{site}/WorkflowTasks/EditForm.aspx?ID=229

This works fine if the user uses a desktop while clicking the link but when using a mobile phone, they get the same form (workflow task form) as Vanessa did. The difference is that I want both the desktop and the mobile phone users to go to the same form (or at least one that I can specify for the mobile one)

I've tried to use the advice posted but without success.

mobile link - https://{domain}/{site}/_layouts/15/NintexForms/Mobile/EditForm.aspx?id=231&list=26ff79be-31c5-4205-...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Does anybody know how to achieve this in Office 365?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

This problem can also be solved by deactivating the "Mobile Browser View" feature in the SharePoint Website: Deactivate SharePoint 2013 mobile view - BindTuning Academy