I have two lookup fields one lookup is dropdown and another is multip-selection. based on the lookupdropdown selection i would like to filter values in multiple selection.

• 15 March 2017
  • 7 replies

Badge +3

I have two lookup fields one lookup is dropdown and another is multip-selection. based on the lookupdropdown selection i would like to filter values in multiple selection.

7 replies

Badge +3

Can someone throw some light on this and help here

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

This is the OOTB SharePoint form, or Nintex form?

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +3

Nintex form. Both the lookups are lookedup from list A to List B.

In list A i have two columns Location(Lookedup  column from master list), Device(Single line of text)

I list A  if i have vales like this  Location   Device

india          ipad

USA          ipad

india          cable

Aus           iphone

USA           IOT Device

In ListB if i have these two columns lookedup Location as dropdown and Device as Multiple-selection check box

when i select  india in location column dropdown in Device column only devices associated with india should be filtered and displayed (example as per above when i select location in device column only ipad and cable should be shown)

Appreciate all you help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Please, search the forum for "cascading lookups" or "cascading dropdowns". You will get what you need.

ex.:

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +3

Hi Tomasz,

The links shared are for when both the lookups are dropdown. But my requirement is  a dropdown lookup field and a multiple selection lookup field.

Can you please provide steps for this situation. I will complete all the requirements if i achieve this one.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Dilip kumar‌ unfortunately I do not have that amount of free time to provide you a working, tested solution for your requirements happy.png Don't get me wrong, but usually we are providing only a way for the solution, sometimes more precise. But the effort from requester side is also required. Please, search the forum. I guess you are not inventing the wheel thus you should be able to find a similar problems with suggestions.

And in the end - even though you have one dropdown as "multiple" it is still being filtered out by the first lookup which is single (you choose location that results in narrowing down list of available devices) so I still think those two links brings you with the solutions you can adapt.

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +3

Hi Tomasz,

I tried a lot but still getting not able to filter the values. Can you see below my settings and help me out if i am doing some mistake

Location_lookup is the field