K2 workspace is TOO SLOW to respond

• 5 October 2011
  • 5 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +3

Hi there,

I have got K2 Blackpearl 4.5 v 1200 installed in the UAT environment and there are nearly 100 processes running on this currently. My real problem is that K2 workspace takes very long time (nearly a minute) to open which is one of the main issues raised by the end users.

Questions:

0) Why is it too slow? what is the reason behind it?

1) Would it resolve the issue if I update K2 blackpearl to a newer version?

2) Would there be any consequences regarding current running processes or all SmO & SrO if I update K2 workspace to a newer version?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Kind regards

5 replies

Badge +10

Hi,

Does your K2 Server have Internet access?

If Workspace takes a while to open then it might be that the application is trying to check the Certificate Revocation List and it is failing.

Refer to the following blog post for options to turn this check off: http://www.k2underground.com/blogs/johnny/archive/2010/07/14/slow-startup-for-k2-components-when-machine-has-no-internet-access.aspx

Apply the setting and let us know whether Workspace loaded quicker.

Regards,

Badge +3

Thanks a lot JohanL

My K2 servers has no internet. and your post came up as a solution to the problem. But to be honest, this is 80% of my satisfaction. I would like my K2 server to successfully verify the certificates. To do that I would like to copy the CA certificates on the K2 server.

Can you tell me how i can get and place CA certificates on my K2 server?

thanks again

Badge +10

Hi,

I don't think that is possible. Applications check the Certificate Revocation list which can be updated frequently. I have not heard of a solution where you can force the server to look for the revocation list locally.

If you want the application to verify the revocation list then supply the K2 Server with an internet connection so that it can successfully check the revocation list or use the setting to turn off the checking.

Regards,

Badge +3

Thanks a lot JohanL. I have done the settings required to bypass the certificate verification. it is much faster now. thanks again.

Badge +3

CRL? I mean OCSP is basically broken, but CRLs are just a joke, at one point one CA had 700MB in their CRL.