is it possible/supported to change default task and history lists for site workflows?
workflow's setting dialog provides that option but once I publish a workflow and reopen it, I do have configured back default lists for both of them.
NWF 2013 on prem
Solved! Go to Solution.
Yes there is:
Creating the History List
1. Go to Site Settings
2. Under Nintex Workflow select "manage workflow history lists".
3. Select new.
4. Assign a name (and description if needed).
5. Click Create.
Setting Retention Policies
1. in the History List View you accessed from the steps above, click the history list name in the list. This will open your history list.
2. Open the list settings.
3. Go to "Information management policy settings"
4. You will see a link within all the text on the page that says "Change source or configure list schedule" click that link.
5. Set Source of retention to "Library and Folders"
6. Down below click "Add a retention stage.."
7. The "The stage is based off a date property on the item" is already checked. Leave created selected and then select the amount of time you want to retain the history.
8. Under action, you can leave Move to Recycle Bin or select Delete Permanently.
9. Click Ok to save.
thanks for feedback, burkslm
I know how to create (custom) history list.
the problem I experience is that nintex do not accept my custom history list in site workflow settings. it pretends it allows me to change it, but once I publish workflow and reopen it in designer there are configured back default lists.
and just the same I experience for task list.
I would try creating a new workflow that is just for testing purposes. Only put one action - like Log History. Set the History List to one of your customized ones. Save and publish and see if you have the same problem with that one.
I've tried that and discovered that it works at some sites but it doesn't at the others within the same farm...
any clue what might be a reason? are there needed any special permissions for that?