Under which account is the activity "Action set" executed?

Badge +3

We are using Nintex workflow 2013. There is some workflow I didn't create it, but there is some activity with the name "Action set". Inside this action set there is an activity "Set list item permissions". Under which account is the activity "Set list item permissions" executed? Is it the account of the initiator or the account of the user which published the workflow?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

by default, actions are executed using the credentials of the user who start the workflow (or cause it to start in case of automatic start)

Most action that aren't nested may be set to "Run as Workflow Owner", in that case that action (and all action nested inside it) will be executed as the user who published the workflow

Giacomo

Badge +3

I created some dummy workflow on a sharepoint list which will be triggered when there is a new list item created. I try to test "Run as Workflow Owner". The workflow owner has full control permissions on a folder in the sharepoint list. I try to set permissions on this folder under the workflow owner. But it gives me an access denied. What do I need to do to make an action set working under the workflow owner?

2416i761AD901D6B7481C.png

I try to give the current user contribute permissions on some folder in the same list.

2418i52975D31B5092BAB.png

Badge +3

I found it, thanks!

2422i1DB6094B8F7ADC2E.png