cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Task Notification open Mobile App

I would like to try and create a notification task that emails our customers, but the task needs to have a link that will either open on web site if on a desktop. but if on a device with Nintex Mobile App that will open it in the app and the task specifically.

Has anyone been able to get this working yet?

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Task Notification open Mobile App

Hi Rob,

There are a couple of things to consider here.  If this task is sent to your customers, do they have logins to your SharePoint environment?  If yes, that's great.  If no they can't interact other than use lazy approval via an email reply.  If you just want the customer to open a generic webpage then you can certainly do this by adding a URL to the page.

Assuming they have access then when you create a task, by default it provides a link to the task itself and the underlying list item.  If you've deleted them by mistake, then you can easily add them back:

• Go to text area where you want to reference these (e.g. description or task notification pane)
  • Insert Reference and select the common tab
  • Use Item URL to link through to the item
  • Use Approval URL to link through to the task

Unfortunately there is no way that I know of to automatically open this link - most email programs would prevent this from happening due to security reasons.

As for Nintex mobile, what you're asking for is deep linking.  This function is not available yet but I understand deep linking is on the roadmap.

Cheers,

Chris

Highlighted
Not applicable

with the new update to the Mobile App any idea how to do deep linking now that its enabled? Still cant find any documenation on it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Hi, Rob.

Here's a help topic on building links in Mobile that should be of some help!

Highlighted
Not applicable

As well as Frank's post about the help topic, there was a new blog posted up today, which covers deep linking   Dude you're so deep, Nintex Mobile deep linking that is..

0 Kudos