Html Formating

• 12 September 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge +4

So Hi everyone

I met an issue with Nintex and I don't understand why

So this the table I got, I use a string builder that I populate and after that I close it

If you look, you see that My TestNintex and  my role aren't align

Approver Name

Approver Role

TestNintex

IT Analyst

TestNintex

Project Owner

So my first test wqs to replace my query results for the stakeholder name by a constant, to check if the problem came from my table or from my data

So after that I analyzed my html code but I found nothing, here find them:

Create a table:

<table cellpadding"22 style=border=collapse; border=1px solid #d9d9d9; font=family:"Helvetica","sans-serif";"><thead><tr><th bgcolor="#F2F2F2" align="center" style ='font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica";"sans-serif";color:#1E90FF; font-weight:bold'>Approver Name</th><th bgcolor="#F2F2F2" align="center" style ='font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica";"sans-serif";color:#1E90FF; font-weight:bold'>Approver Role </th></tr></thead><tbody>

Populate Table:

{WorkflowVariable:mTable}<tr align="left" bgcolor="" style=font-family:"Helvetica", "sans-serif";color:#fffff'>
<td style='border: 1px solid #d9d9d9; '>TestNintex
</td>
<td style='border: 1px solid #d9d9d9; '>{WorkflowVariable:currentApproverRole}
</td>
</tr>

Close table:

{WorkflowVariable:mTable}</table>

So according o some posts; I tried to remove all blanks in my html code but nothing has changed

What could I try to fix this issue?

Thanks for your help

1 reply

Badge +8

Hi Iowa,

Its a bit tricky to just come up with a solution by looking at this as the best way to troubleshoot this would be using DevTools (or firebug etc) to see what is the html rendered on the client side and what is causing the issue.

Could you try couple of things ?

1) Try storing the "TestNintex" in a seperate workflow variable and populate the variable below instead of hardcoding "testNintex", just so that both the rows will now be similar i.e. ApproverName & Approver Role is populated by variable

Create a string variable TestNintex with a default value of "TestNintex"

<td style='border: 1px solid #d9d9d9; '>TestNintex

replace with --

<td style='border: 1px solid #d9d9d9; '>{WorkflowVariable:TestNintex}

Does this solve the issue?

2) Remove all the html formatting and only create a simple table and see if it solves the issue, if it does then try adding your formatting one by one to see what clashes.

if both does not work then use Devtools and paste the exact content that is rendered in the client side for more troubleshooting.

hth,

Regards,

Shrini