URL parameters are converted to lowercase

• 24 August 2015
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi

I have a rule that states that when a button is clicked, a new browser window opens, with a given URL with a single parameter. The name of the parameter in the rule is a mix of upper and lowercase letters.

But when I click the button on the form, a new window opens with the correct URL, except that the parameter name is now lowercase only. This causes the page to load incorrectly.  

Is there a way to ensure that the proper casing of letters is persisted?

3 replies

Badge +10

I'm fairly certain IIS is case insensitive, which may be playing a part here.

Badge +1

Hi

When defining the parameters, the input field for the name is a simple textbox, so no operations are available. Not sure what you mean by the second question. It's a button that launches a new browser tab, and the displayed URL is incorrect.

I can make it work by defining the complete URL with parameters in the Base URL field, but this would probably fail if one of the parameter values were empty (which it never is in my case).

/Oskar

Badge +1

Hi

Yes, the IIS is case insensitive, but afaik the parameters of a URL are simply passed on the the underlying application, which might or might not be case sensitive. In my case the application is case sensitive, and hence it doesn't understand the parameter.

/Oskar