How to set user/password to read emails for LazyApproval

Badge +2

Hi,

I am trying to setup LazyApproval and confused about one thing. When I go to Central Admin I can enable LazyApproval and there it is asking to write an email where they will be sent. I am confused as to how it will be able to read those emails without asking for user/password? There is no option to set user/password to read this email so how Nintex will be able to read them?

Thanks

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

LazyApproval is based on SharePoint Incoming Email feature, so mail sent to particular address are redirected to the server (often I've seen an SMTP service running on servers) and processed there (they'll go through several folders on the server until they're completely processed and removed)

Badge +2

Here's the screenshot of Incoming Mail feature in SharePoint 2016. I have set enabled to "Yes".

"Automatic" settings mode is disabled for some reason. In "Directory Management Service" I have selected "No" because I don't need it (I assume it will work even if I set it to No right?)

I have defined email drop folder.

Now If I simply ask infrastructure guy to create one email account in Exchange for e.g. "SharePoint@mycompany.com" and define this email in LazyApproval setting, will it work?

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Frank,

this is a question for a more infrastructure guy than me...doing a quick search I've found this documentation from Microsoft about incoming email in a SharePoint 2016 farm: Configure incoming email for a SharePoint Server farm | Microsoft Docs 

maybe it's a good starting point for you and your infrastructure in order to find what's needed to activate incoming email..