Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nabil1
Nintex Newbie

Take screenshot from a form

Jump to solution

My requirement is to be able to take a screenshot from maybe within a form and and then attach it to the form. This is as opposed to the current method of using a tool to take a screenshot, saving that screenshot as a file and then browsing to that file to attach it to the form.

If anyone can help, that'll be great.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
jpmhuls
Nintex Newbie

Re: Take screenshot from a form

Jump to solution

As far as I know this could be done only using custom JavaScript code. For which you can find various examples on the Internet. Like the following: Take webpage screenshot using HTML5 and jQuery

0 Kudos
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

I'm not quite sure why you would want to take a photo of a form and submit that with the form? That seems a bit counterintuitive of the forms purpose, but as @jpmhuls said, javascript would be your best option for this. 

0 Kudos
jpmhuls
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi @eharris04,

Actually last week I got the same request from the business..... they can be sooooo creative Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@jpmhuls can you share more on what exactly they are wanting to do? Maybe we can do a quick chat?

This is one that makes me wonder, how they expect to interact with a form:

• what is the information they are wanting capture with the form before the screenshot?
  • what is the benefit of attaching the screenshot if they cannot OCR and do anything with the information on the image?
  • is the screenshot for printing or something else?
0 Kudos
jpmhuls
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi @eharris04,

Question was to include a screencopy of a filled in form in an email, along with an attached PDF version send from a workflow. I managed to talk them out of that idea (screencopy), and offered to investigate the convert to PDF option and/or just to recreate the form content in an HTML table (@Nabil1, you could consider this options as well). Which I've done for another project as well, and which looks good.

0 Kudos
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@jpmhuls  thanks for the explanation. Totally understand that use case for sure. 

Might I suggest an easy alternative to both the convert to PDF option and recreate form content to HTML table:

Convert to PDF Option

• With Nintex Forms, you have the ability to do Print to PDF from the browser when filling out a form. Not automated but the user can easily get the PDF and attach it to the form if absolutely necessary.

Recreate form content to HTML table

• Here I would suggest using our Generate Document Action in the workflow. This will allow you to create a PDF in no time that can be styled and attached automatically to the email notification, added to a document library and more if needed. This is out of the box and works really well for such use cases.
0 Kudos
jpmhuls
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Thanks @eharris04,

As far as I can tell, the customer currently does not have that Document Generation action enabled/available. If it is for on-Prem Nintex Workflow?

0 Kudos
Samadhan_23
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi jpmhuls,@jpmhuls

I have nintex form and in which I have different panels on it. I am showing and hiding these panels according to status. 

My requirement is that when I am on panel 3 so I have to take screenshot of these panel(or whole current page)on button click. So I have added code in script editor.I am using Html2canvas.js file. Please see below script

<html>
<body>
<script src="https:/sites/JavaScripts/html2canvas.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="https:/sites/JavaScripts/polyfill.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<div>Screenshot tester</div>
<button onclick="report()">Take screenshot</button>

</div>

<script>
function report() {
// capture is my Panel 3 CSS class name of nintex form
var captureHTML= $('.capture').html();
var HTMLFormat="<HTML><body>"+captureHTML+"</body></HTML>";

html2canvas(document.querySelector("body")).then(canvas => {
document.body.appendChild(canvas)
});

}

</script>
</body>
</html>

but this code is not working. I am not able to take screenshot.

I have attached screeshot of pannel3 which I want to take screenshot.

Can you please help me in the same.

Thank you,

Samadhan.

0 Kudos