cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Super users Workflow Approval on behalf of approver to whom task is assigned through code

Hi All,

I have scenario where i have 3 to 4 approvers depending on some condition which is not related in this context but there will be some Super users(sharepoint group) when any user from this group login, they should be able to approve the task assigned to someone else.

I am using C# code using Nintext Dll to approve the task from my custom screen.

As of now we are displaying the approve button depending on the current logged in user and on click we are processing the approval. But i want to know is there any way if we can impersonate or do some kind of action in C# so that other users of certain SharePoint group are able to approve the task on behalf.

Help is much appreciated.

Thanks!!

Labels: (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Super users Workflow Approval on behalf of approver to whom task is assigned through code

SharePoint already allows Full Control members of any group to approve tasks assigned to others because they can delegate the task to themselves. Change the permission level of this group and see if that helps.

If you need the users to be in a lessor permission level, the default task form uses delegate controls on the outcomes if I remember correctly, so this is an on load event. You will have to see if you can change the enablement of the outcomes after load by simply changing the property. But i'm sorry, I can't remember the control at the moment but this is what I would check. If there is a permission issue on save, simply use RunWithElevatedPermission. You shouldn't have to use AllowUnsafeUpdates in this scenario, but it could be possible since you are not keeping the same page context.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Re: Super users Workflow Approval on behalf of approver to whom task is assigned through code

Andrew is correct about the permissions, in addition I was thinking that you could always assign this Super User group to the task as well and this way they would own the task just as the other users would own the task and then they could be notified about it and have all the other benefits of being assigned the task (reminders) and such.   Either approach would work just fine.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi Andrew ,

Thanks for the reply, yes they will be able to delegate manually if they get to the out of the box page of approving the task. In this task i have custom buttons in the page itself which will approve using nintex dll.

The property that is being mentioned is through code. I will try to give it a shot though as anyother user even he has higher permission if he tries to approve from custom button will get not allowed.

I will explore if there is any property from my end as well.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the reply, actually i have thought of that too but it is like that group should not receive any notifications only the approver should be receiving the notifications to approve. The user from super user group will try to approve only if there is any unavailability of actual approver.

Is there any way we can restrict the notification to group in the same task.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply