Repeating view or subview

• 7 October 2015
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge +2

We have a need to expand on the list view because the list view is just to narrow for posting the needed data. What is required is that we have either a view or subview that allows for the entry of multiple actions. The data for each is lengthy and includes the Action ID, Who assigned to, a full description of the action to include possible instructions (could contain relatively large paragraph)  the date assigned, the date due, the status of the action (open closed, in progress, cancelled) and possible multiple file attachments for that particular action, manager sign off. All of this data is being desired to be shown on a form (Corrective Action Form) and the repeating list is just too narrow to be able to get everything in comfortably for the users to add and edit as needed.

So the question is can I take this information (loaded into a nice multi-columns and row table) and allow for a new 'view' of the data to be added when another action is needed? Is this wher e a sub-view or sub-form would come into play? The action data is stored ina seperate SQl table with the Initial FormID being the tie between the COrrective Action FOrm and the Actions while the ActionID is the number that would determine if a new 'view' is required (1 for each action ID). Let me know if I am headed on the right path if you could. Thanks!!

In the attached image I have provided an example of what I would like to do though it only has about 1/3rd the fields that are required.

16640iDED1120D21CF3A76.png

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi Greg

It sounds like you are on the right path. There is no "repeating section" available in SmartForms like there is in InfoPath. So on your main form you can have a list view that lists all the actions. You can then use a subform to add (or edit) actions. On the subform you can have an item view to show the action item, and a list view for the attachments. As you seem to have a lot of fields for each action, you can be selective about what columns you show on the list view on the main form.